Urban Shield – Product of the week
Urban Shield Jel is one of our best selling products because universally, it does so many things for the skin. Urban Shield is based on our Avo Jel replacement for petroleum jelly. Rather than being made from petroleum, our base is an identical jelly made from avocado oil. We add strategic Ayurvedic and homeopathic ingredients to turn it into a universal ointment that achieves multiple results for skin problems.
The history of Urban Shield and its name was based on a request from friends that lived in New York City and Los Angeles that complained that their skin was being bombarded with chemicals in the cities that included hydrocarbon pollution and a just plain dirty environment. Our solution was a barrier (shield) that they could apply that would capture these pollutants on the surface of their skin. Initial tests proved that it was successful, but like most customers, they wanted more. As we added ingredients based on their observations, the Urban Shield of today was born.
It is all in the ingredients that tell the story about Urban Shield Jel.
Avocado Oil Jel
- Using a gel on the skin seals it from the external environment. Like an invisible bandaid, the gel protects the skin while acting as a carrier for the rest of the purpose-based ingredients.
- Avocado oil is super emollient and hydrating.
- Avocado oil has whole natural Omega-3 properties that rejuvenate.
- Neem is an Ayurvedic oil that has been used for hundreds of years in Indian Eastern Medicine for its skin healing properties.
- Neem oil is rich in fatty acids, such as palmitic, linoleic, and oleic acids, which help support healthy skin.
- Neem extracts can help treat a variety of skin conditions, including acne, psoriasis, eczema.
- Neem has proven anti-aging benefits based on its effect on the collagen in the skin.
- Karanja oil is the lesser-known cousin of Neem. It is a symbiotic plant that grows near the Neem tree. Generalized, Karanja does what Neem doesn’t do and vise Versa.
- Karanja is prized for its antiseptic properties.
- Karanja Oil can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis, skin ulcers, dandruff, or to promote wound healing.
- We use it for all these reasons plus it has a fascinating side property. It mutes the scent of Neem oil, turning the combination into a nutty smell.
Black Cumin/Seed Oil
- Black seed oil has been beneficial for people with the following skin conditions:
- Black seed oil can reduce the severity of extremity eczema. We found this genuine, plus it quickly affects skin exposed to airborne pollutants.
- The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects of black seed oil can improve skin repair.
- A 2012 study suggests that Black Seed oil has antipsoriatic benefits.
- Black seed oil also hydrate hair, softens skin, and acts as a moisturizer.
- Lore has it that Black Seed oil is what made Cleopatra age-less. We concur.
Carrot Seed Oil
- The anti-fungal and skin-repairing properties of Carrot Seed oil are legendary.
- Carrot Seed, as an essential oil, has a direct effect on skin collagen.
- Carrot Seed oil is a natural SPF sunscreen with properties as high as SPF 40 in its pure state.
- We have used Carrot Seed oil has a primary ingredient in our Eye Butter for years because of its age-reversing properties.
- Carrot seed oil has also been used in natural medicine to heal various skin disorders for eastern and aboriginal doctors.
- Menthol, in higher doses, cools the skin and relieves muscle pain as a sort of anesthetic. We use it in our Heat • Cool jel to act similarly to IcyHot® and other muscle ache products
- In smaller doses, as we use in Urban Shield, it quiets itchy sensations often associated with skin disorders, allergens, and pollutants.
- Menthol has a cooling effect and is excellent for chapped lips and hands.
- Our menthol is naturally made from the Corn Mint plant, which has other interesting properties you can research.
So, Urban Shield seals out the environment, seals in moisture, promotes skin collagen formation, and repairs the skin in one-step. Our customers call it the “miracle ointment.”
Ancient Remedies • Modern Alchemy • Botanical Alternative
Urban Shield is a part of Keys Alternative Naturals’ line of products.
Alternative Naturals botanical solutions all started with a problem to solve. Unlike western medicine curing symptoms, we search for the cause and an imbalance in the skin’s microbiome. We believe that there is a symbiotic relationship between the skin and the environment that includes nutrition, good bacteria, and hydration. Take these factors out of balance, and the skin alters to self-correct the problem. Chemicals in our lives and in the products we use are most certainly a cause of imbalance, and many are destructive to the skin’s microbiome and health. As our largest organ, the skin warns us when it is uncomfortable, diseased, or dehydrated. The quest is to find a combination of herbs, botanicals, and fruits that, when blended, create a helpful agent to the skins own ability to repair itself. The challenge is to find both prebiotics and probiotics that aid the skin without harming its microbiome. We call it Applied Alchemy. We gather, blend, and distill our botanical extracts and produce them in our laboratory, which resembles a state-of-the-art cleanroom using spherical crystal distillers.
You can read more about Urban Shield Here on the product detail page.
Use the code: URBAN to get 10% Off