Jams World Making N95 Masks and They’re Cool.
N95 Mask with Attitude – Mahalo
I only collect one thing. They are Jams World Vintage Hawaiian shirts. Can you imagine my surprise when I got an email saying they were making and selling a mask to ward off viruses?
Before you jump to confusions, these masks are the real deal and look very cool. Let me explain!
Tight Weave and Carbon Fiber
Much of the principle of a good mask to ward off viruses is a tight weave. Jams World uses a rayon that is the tightest weave because they want to have the bright colors set and hold. On top of that, they have developed and inside the filter that includes a tight weave and a carbon layer.
Here is from Jams World (Link)
JAMS WORLD FACE MASK WITH A DISPOSABLE FILTER INSERT
- Washable/Reusable Face Mask
- Includes Two Insert Filters – PM2.5 N95 Made of 5-Layer Activated Carbon Filter, Non-Woven + Melt-Blown Cotton + Activated Carbon.
- S – 2 1/2 inches x W 7 1/4 inches, Center Length is 3 3/4 inches (Children up to 12yrs)
- M – 3 inches x W 8 inches, Center Length is 4 1/2 inches (Women’s)
- L – 3 1/2 inches x W 9 inches, Center Length is 5 inches (Men’s)
- 100% Spun Crushed Jams World® Rayon
- Made in Hawaii
Jams World Filter Construction
Set of Two Disposable Insert Filters for Jams World Face Mask – PM2.5 N95 Made of 5-Layer Activated Carbon Filter, Non-Woven + Melt-Blown Cotton + Activated Carbon.
The Jams World Mask is $15.99 with Two Filters. Extra Filters are available
N95 Protection, But Not 100% Says Science
Jams World is quick to point out like all other mask makers are that no one is 100% sure that masks help. Most are pretty sure and therefore cannot make 100% claims of prevention. I put it in the “can’t hurt & probably helps category.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.